How To Apply Driving License 2022
How To Apply Driving License 2022 : To legally drive a motor vehicle in the state of Gujarat, an individual must hold a valid driving license. A driving license can be obtained by an individual who holds a learning license. A learning license in Gujarat is issued as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 by the Gujarat RTO.
A learning license issued in Gujarat is valid for a period of 6 months and an application for the permanent DL can be made after 30 days or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license. Gujarat learning license can be obtained by an individual by following the below-mentioned process.
Types of learning licenses issued in Gujarat :
The Gujarat RTO issues a learning license to an individual on the basis of the class of vehicle he wants to drive. Below are the types of learning licenses issued to an individual in Gujarat.
Learning license issued for a light motor vehicle
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as jeeps, auto-rickshaws, delivery vans, etc.
- Learning license issued for a medium passenger vehicle: This type of LL includes vehicles such as tempos and minivans used for ferrying passengers.
Learning license issued for a medium goods vehicle
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as delivery trucks, tempos used for transportation of goods.
Learning license issued for heavy passenger vehicle
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as large buses and vans used for ferrying passengers.
Learning license issued for heavy goods vehicle
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as huge trucks and vans used for transporting goods.
Learning license issued for a motorcycle without gear
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as scooters and mopeds without gear.
Learning license for light motor vehicle
- This type of LL includes vehicles such as a car, bikes, etc. with gear.
Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Learning License in Gujarat
- To obtain a learning license for a motor vehicle not exceeding an engine capacity of 50cc, an individual should be above the age of 16 years and should obtain consent from his parents or guardian.
- To obtain a learning license for a light motor vehicle, an individual should be above the age of 18 years.
- To obtain a learning license for a commercial vehicle, an individual should be above the age of 20 years. An individual applying for a learning license should have conversed with traffic rules and regulations.
Documents Required for Obtaining a Learner’s License in Gujarat
- The below documents have to be submitted to the Gujarat RTO to obtain a learning license in the state.
- Age and address proof documents such as utility bills, PAN card, Aadhar Card, school certificate, birth certificate, etc.
- Application Form 2
- Application fee of Rs. 30
- Learning license test fee of Rs. 25
- Application Form 2
- Passport size photographs
How to Obtain a Learning License in Gujarat?
To obtain a permanent DL in Gujarat, it’s imperative for an individual to first obtain a learner’s license. An application for a learner’s license in Gujarat can be obtained by following either of the below processes.
Online application process to obtain a learning license in Gujarat
- Visit the Ministry of Highways and Road Transport Website- parivahan.gov.in/parivahan
- Click on online services and select driving license related services
- Enter the name of the state-Gujarat
- Click on apply online and select learning license
- Fill the application form and submit it online
- Upload scanned copies of the above-mentioned documents
- Pay the application fees
- Book a test slot for the learning license test
- Visit the RTO to give the test
- The learning license is sent to the applicant’s registered address on passing the test.
- Offline application process to obtain a learning license in Gujarat
Visit the Gujarat RTO
- Collect the application form or download the form online through Gujarat RTO website rtogujarat.gov.in
- Fill out the form and submit it along with the relevant documents to the RTO
- Pay the application fees
- Book a slot for the LL test
- Appear for the test on the given date and time
- On passing the test, the learning license is issued to the applicant.
How to Obtain a Duplicate Learning License in Gujarat?
In the state of Gujarat, the Gujarat RTO issues a duplicate learner’s license to an applicant whose original learning license is stolen, lost or damaged. In case of loss of the learner’s license, the applicant has to file an FIR, post which he can proceed with the application process.
Documents required for obtaining a duplicate driving license in Gujarat :
- Age and address proof documents
- Application Form LLD
- Applicable application fees
- FIR copy, in case of theft of the original LL
- Procedure to obtain a duplicate learning license in Gujarat
An application for a duplicate learning license in Gujarat can be made online or offline directly at the RTO. If applying online, the applicant can submit the documents, form and pay the fees online, post which he will have to visit the RTO for the verification of the documents. If applying offline, the applicant can collect the form from the RTO or download it through Gujarat RTO website- rtogujarat.gov.in. On the basis of verification of the documents, the duplicate LL is issued to the applicant.
Learning License Test Procedure in Gujarat :
A learning license test in Gujarat is conducted as per the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The test is conducted to test the applicant’s knowledge of traffic rules, regulations, symbols and road safety. The test is a written test and includes objective type questions and is held in the presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector. The written test is conducted for applicants who have passed SSC and oral test is conducted for others.
During the test, the applicant is required to carry the necessary documents. If the applicant fails the test, he can re-appear for the test on the next day. Once the applicant is issued the learner’s license he has to tag an ‘L’ symbol on the back of his vehicle and cannot ride or drive with a pillion except for an instructor. Further, the application for a permanent DL in Gujarat can be made after 30 or within 180 days from the date of issuance of the learning license.