How To Update Aadhaar Card Details? : Want to Update Your Aadhar Card With Address, Name, Date of Birth? Here’s How You Can do it. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) is a statutory authority established under the provisions of the Aadhaar (Targeted Delivery of Financial and Other Subsidies, Benefits and Services) Act, 2016 (“Aadhaar Act 2016”) on 12 July 2016 by the Government of India, under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY).
The Aadhaar Act 2016 has been amended by the Aadhaar and Other Laws (Amendment) Act, 2019 (14 of 2019) w.e.f. 25.07.2019.
What Details Can I Update Through Update Aadhaar Online Service?
- You can update your Name, Gender, Date of Birth (DoB), Address and Language through Update Aadhaar online Service. Please ensure that your mobile number is registered in Aadhaar while using this service.
Is There Any Fee Involved for Online Updation of Demographics Details?
- Yes, for online update of demographic information you have to pay Rs. 50/- (including GST).
How Many Times Aadhaar Data Can Be Updated?
Following limits are applicable for the update of Aadhaar information :
- Name : Twice in Life Time
- Gender : Once in Life Time
- Date of Birth : Once in life time subject to condition that present status of the DoB is declared / approximate.
What Changes Can I do to My Name In Aadhaar?
Following minor changes can be undertaken through online portal and mobile application :
- Spelling corrections (Example : Roy to Ray)
- Sequence change (Example : Sishir Suman Mishra to Suman Sishir Mishra)
- Inclusion of space between name parts (Example : BipinchandraVerma to Bipin Chandra Verma)
- Short form to full form (Example : UP Singh to Umesh Prasad Singh)
- Change of surname after marriage (Example : Neha Sharma to Neha Verma)
For all other changes, please visit nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
What Documents Are Required For Online Update?
Following documents would be required for verification purpose :
- Name : Scanned copy of Proof of Identity (PoI)).
- For Date of Birth : Scanned copy of Proof of Date of Birth(PoB).
- For Gender : None.
Which Are The Documents Required For Updation in Aadhaar Details?
- List of supporting documents which you can select from is available Here. Please select the appropriate document from the list and provide a scan / image of the same while undertaking demographic data correction.
Document List Required List PDF File : Download Here
How Can I Submit My Supporting Documents In Case of Update Aadhaar Online Service?
- You will be prompted to upload scan/image of the supporting document in pdf or jpeg format in the Update Aadhaar online Service. Please upload correct supporting document for processing of your request. For certain documents like Passport, Rent and Property agreement, image of multiple pages would be required.
Can I Update My Local Language Through Update Aadhaar Online Service?
- Yes, you can update your local language through the online SSUP portal and mobile application. Currently 13 languages are supported: Hindi, English, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu.
Can I Update My Date Of Birth Through Update Aadhaar Online Service?
- Yes, you can update the date of birth in your Aadhaar by providing a valid Date of Birth (DoB) proof document. Please refer here for list of valid of date of birth document. Please see that your name in the DoB proof document matches with that of Aadhaar.
List Of Valid Of Date Of Birth Document : Download Here
I Have Already Updated Date of Birth In My Aadhaar Once. Can I update / correct it?
- No. You can update the declared/approximate Date of Birth (DoB) only once either through online portal, mobile app or visiting nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra.
Does Submission Of Request Guarantee Update Of Demographic Information?
- Submission of information does not guarantee update of Aadhaar data. Changes submitted through Update Aadhaar online Service are subjected to verification and validation by the UIDAI and after validation only the change request is processed further for Aadhaar update.
I Have Lost My Mobile Number / Do Not Possess The Number That I Enrolled With Aadhaar. How Should I Submit My Update Request?
- In case you have lost / do not possess the mobile number anymore that is registered with Aadhaar, you have to personally visit the nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra for updation of mobile number.
Will My Aadhaar Number Get Changed After Updation?
- No, your Aadhaar number will remain same even after the update.
I Want To Cancel The Update Request. Will I be able to do it?
- A resident can cancel the update request from the ‘Requests’ space in the myAadhaar dashboard until the request is picked up for further processing. If cancelled, the amount paid will be refunded to the account within 21 days.
Where Can I See All My Update Requests?
- A resident can view his/her update requests inside the ‘Requests’ space inside the myAadhaar dashboard.
How Do I Add My Father’s / Husband’s Name To My Address?
- Relationship details are a part of address field in Aadhaar. This has been standardized to C/o (Care of). Filling this is optional.
My Update Request Got Rejected For Invalid Documents. What Does This Mean?
- The document you use for Online Address Update should be:
- In the name of the resident requesting the update.
- Image uploaded should be clear and colored scan of original document.
Ensure that you follow the above before you create a new update request. Valid document as per https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/instruction